Friday, 11 July 2008

My Cooking - Steak with Potato Gratin aka Scalloped Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

Today being adventurous, I did my 1st attempt at making Potato Gratin aka Scalloped Potato, I think I probably added a little too much milk but it turned out really good. I peeled the skin of the potatoes then sliced and boiled them till tender and laid them in a small baking tray. For the mixture, bring the milk, shredded cheese, chopped onions and seasonings mixture to boil and pour over the potatoes before putting in the oven to bake for about 30 mins (shorter time needed since the potatoes were already cooked). When done, take the tray out and spread more shredded cheese over the top, bake for another 5 minutes till the cheese melts and is ready to be served.

I served the potato gratin with steak and mixed vegetables which made the hubby super duper happy since we haven't had steak for awhile. He tried the potato gratin and said it tasted really good, I am glad he enjoyed dinner.