Friday, 13 July 2007

NYC - East Village - Vanessa's Dumplings

Was in the East Village yesterday, wanted a light snack and while walking I saw Vanessa's Dumplings. Instead of trying their famous dumplings (I'll be back for that later), I saw they had Sesame Pancake Sandwiches and decided to try that. I have to say the Sesame Pancake Sandwich with Roast Pork I ordered was simply delicious, it's filled with shredded pork, finely chopped carrots and vegetables, drizzled with a special sauce that is yummy, definitely something special and different. I also ordered a pork bun to go which they say is something new in the store and cost only 99 cents, that was pretty good too, the skin was soft and the meat inside has a nice taste to it, luckily no porky smell ... heh heh. Their the pricing is very economical. Worth trying.


Vanessa's Dumplings 220 E 14th St (between 2nd Ave & 3rd Ave) New York, NY 10003
Tel: 212-5291328