Thursday, 3 May 2007

NYC - Chinatown - Hon Wong


Yeps, it's Hon Wong at NYC's Canal street again! That is my favourite congee place, cheap and good, what else can you ask for right.

On Tuesday, I met new friend, Ira from Singapore (she is originally from Malaysia) and after spending the day shopping at Union Square and Target in Brooklyn, I asked her what she was craving for, we were initially planning on having Malaysian food but after showing her pictures of a bowl of congee I shared with KT 2 weeks ago during the Singapore Day weekend, she said she wanted congee instead so off we went to Hon Wong. Ira really enjoyed the meal of congee, you tiao (fried dough) and a plate of mixed meat consisting of roasted duck + char siew + roast pork and of course I did too .... hee hee. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Hon Wong Restaurant 244 Canal St New York, NY 10013Tel: 212-9668732