Saturday, 12 July 2008

NYC - Midtown - China Moon


After sampling one of my friends' Pad Thai from China Moon, I felt it tasted not bad compared to the Chinese food I had before which I didn't like at all, so for dinner I went to pick up the Pad Kee Mao - $.8.95 ($9.70 with tax) which is sauteed flat rice noodles with onions, fresh basil, chilli past and eggs. It tasted pretty good but it was a little too oily, the spiciness gave my tastebuds a big kick which was cool ... I mean HOT! ... Hahahaha! After a few mouthfuls, I felt it tasted like the Singapore Char Kway Teow minus the Si Hum aka Cockles ... hehehe! Think I will go back and try the other Thai dishes, definitely no more Chinese dishes from them.

Update 7/12/2008
Today I had the Lunch Special - Green Curry Pork - $7.25 ($7.86 with tax) which consisted of coconut milk, green curry, bamboo shoots, eggplant, basil and pepper. A little diluted but very tasty.


Update 8/9/2008
Had the Pad Thai with shrimp which is a famous thai noodle sauteed with egg scallions, dried beancurd bean sprouts and crushed peanuts. On the side I ordered a Tom Yum Goong, a spicy shrimp soup with mushroom and Thai herb and it was quite disappointing cos it tasted like sour soup filled with mushroom and shrimp, it was not spicy at all.