Monday, 20 August 2007

NYC - Midtown - Al-Baraka Mediterranian


This is the first time I tried Turkish food and I have to say I really liked it at Al-Bakara in midtown Manhattan. After reading about them on midtownlunch.com, Ms A and I made our way there yesterday for the eat-all-you-can- buffet for $10 + tax + tips. The restaurant is small and very cozy; the serving staffs were friendly and very polite. The buffet spread included cauliflower cooked in some red colored gravy, mashed spinach with chick peas, mixed vegetables, chicken cooked in 2 different styles, beef stew and lamb stew. They also had pilaf rice, salad, hummus, soup and dessert. Everything was pretty goodPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket; I liked the pilaf rice and beef stew whilst Ms A enjoyed the lamb stew especially the bone marrow. I am a non-eater of lamb, goat, mutton but I attempted to eat the lamb stew and yes it was delicious but that doesn’t mean I am going to start eating them now cos I still cannot stand the smell, it would need a lot of seasonings to mask the smell and of course I have to psych myself to eat that, well I am proud of myself for at least trying this time (and not passing outPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket) … heh hehPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket. It was a good experience at Al-Bakara; good food, nice place, great staff, we will be back again soon!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Al-Baraka Mediterranian
154 E 55th St
(between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave)
New York, NY 10022
Tel: 212-5469007