Thursday, 5 July 2007

My Cooking - Spicy Ikan Bilis & Peanuts


Ok, I was bored and went ransacking the kitchen to see what I can come up with. Since the hubby worked today, I decided to cook something spicy and not choke him with the smoke and spiciness in the air ... hee hee. The spiciness of the chilli was so strong, I was coughing up a storm myself ... hahaha!
I found some ikan bilis aka anchovies and raw peanuts so I chopped up some onions, took out the chilli mom made for me and started frying up. It was my first attempt and came out not so nice looking, the peanuts were 'chao tah' (burnt) and the ikan bilis were abit chewy eventhough I had deep fried them first, need more practice liao ... heh heh. It's spicy and the taste's quite nice lah, have to give myself some encouragement mah ... hee hee.